Scroll down for a complete list of the special events currently on our calendar — and check back soon, we update this page often!
Memphis Women’s Tour
Backbeat Tours celebrates Women’s History Month with a fun and unique tour focusing on women of Memphis history.
The Memphis Women’s Tour is a 2-hour bus tour through downtown, where you’ll discover the stories behind some of the artists, writers, businesswomen, activists, musicians, and ordinary women who have shaped Memphis over the last 200 years:
• Lillie Mae Glover, blues singer and the Queen of Beale Street
• Ida B. Wells and Mary Church Terrell, civil rights pioneers
• Marion Keisker, the woman behind the success of Sun Records
• Florence McIntyre, influential artist and teacher
• Madame Vincent, 19th century business leader
• Marion Scudder Griffin, first woman attorney in Tennessee
• Annie Cook, martyred hero of yellow fever epidemics
Designed as a private bus tour for your group, the tour is also available as a presentation at your location. Either way, your group will have a fun and informative time!
For more information or to book an event: call 901-527-9415 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Princess Baker @ the Castle
Join Backbeat’s own Princess Baker, aka Cashmer, for an evening of blues and R&B. The lady can flat-out sing, you won’t want to miss this!
Sundays at 8:00pm at the Castle House of Rhythm & Blues #2 (2356 Jackson Ave.) The Castle has good food and drinks (not included); doors open at 6:30pm.
Tickets: Click HERE for tickets